* 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 2 T. granulated sugar
* 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/2 cup butter
* 4 large eggs at room temperature, separated
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 cup sour cream
* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
* 2 T. all-purpose flour
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1 pound soft cream cheese at room temperature
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Mix graham crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Press around the bottom and sides of a 9″ springform pan. Bake 10 minutes, cool and then chill.
Change the oven temperature to 325°F.
Beat the egg whites until stiff with 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
Beat egg yolks until thick, add sour cream and vanilla. Beat in the additional 3/4 cup sugar, the flour, and salt. Cream the softened cream cheese, and add it bit by bit to the yolk and sugar mixture. Beat until very smooth. Fold in the whites. Spoon into the prepared crust, and bake until firm, about 1 hour. Cool. Chill in the refrigerator.
Cover with lilikoi sauce (below).
1 1/4 cup passion fruit (lilikoi) puree
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. To make passion fruit puree, cut 24 passion fruit (about 2 pounds total) in half; scoop pulp and seeds into a fine strainer over a bowl. Rub firmly to remove all pulp from seeds; discard seeds.
2. In a 1 to 1 1/2 quart pan, mix sugar and cornstarch; add puree. Stir over medium-high eat until boiling, 4-5 minutes. Let cool; stir occasionally. If made ahead, chill airtight up to 1 day.
3 sticks of cream cheese, 8 oz each (total of 24 oz) room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup passion fruit puree
Combine cream cheese and sugar in the bowl of a stand-mixer (or in a large bowl if using a hand-mixer) and cream together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, fully incorporating each before adding the next. Make sure to scrape down the bowl in between each egg. Add sour cream, vanilla and lilikoi puree and blend until smooth and creamy..